Consultancy firm EY conducted a survey across 77 C-suite leaders in India over April-May this year to understand their state of GDPR readiness and compliance. While 74% firms were aware of GDPR and its impact on them, 63% respondents who were aware of its requirements and impact said that they are non-compliant as on date. Of the 31% organizations which believe that they are compliant, IT/ITeS organizations have taken a lead with 65% belonging to this sector.
Key findings :-
• 76%: Still to comply with the organization’s own information governance policy
• 45%: Feel urgency to comply with GDPR
• 28%: Feel urgency to meet internal information security/audit requirements
• 24%: Need to ensure effective vendor risk management
• 85%: Have increased privacy budget and will hike it further in 2018